Welcome to I DIG Discovery!
Ignite a love for science in your classroom. I DIG Discovery is a free online program for Years 4-6 teachers and students commencing Term 2, 2022.
• Access Queensland Museum’s world-class collections
• Tune in with live digital engagement with world-renowned palaeontologist, Dr Scott Hocknull
• Participate in a science inquiry challenge
• Share discoveries in exciting ways
• Connected to the Australian Curriculum
Tune in with Queensland Museum Network scientist Dr Scott Hocknull and discover how science inquiry plays an important role in the field of palaeontology.
Access the following resources to support your engagement with I DIG Discovery.
I DIG Discovery Teacher Professional Development - VIEW HERE
• This pre-recorded professional development session will introduce you to I DIG Discovery.
• The session will also explore how you can complete I DIG Discovery with your students.
I DIG Discovery Teacher Pack – ENROL HERE
• This teacher course will take you through all the steps to participate in the program.
I DIG Discovery Student Challenge – ENROL HERE
The Student Challenge contains all resources and materials needed to participate in and complete the challenge, including:
• High-quality Science inquiry slides which take students through Questioning and Predicting, Planning and Conducting, Processing, Analysing and Evaluating, and Communicating.
• A range of digital 3D fossils for your students to explore.
• Suggested tools and equipment for planning investigations.
• 3D reconstructions of megafauna from ancient Queensland.
You are welcome to complete I DIG Discovery at your own pace or work through the suggested schedule (see below). For questions about the program please contact us for more information.